Saturday, April 7, 2018

Tracy Hare -- Visiting Artist for Clay Week


I'm so excited to invite Tracy Hare to Prairie View Elementary and Middle School as a Visiting Artist for Clay Week 2018.  As many of you know, I'm allergic to clay so I have chosen to seek out a solution to allowing students to still have a clay experience.  In the past, I have organized a trade with one of the other Art Teachers in the district Sue Davies and Leah Schultz (read more about these exchanges here). 

This year, I am inviting Tracy Hare into my classroom to provide a clay experience to the Elementary Students of PVEMS. She comes highly qualified teaching for many years at Becker Middle School. This year she is working for The Art of Education, a company that provides professional development for Art Teachers around the world.  I lucked out, because not only am I friends with this amazing woman, artist, and teacher, but I also teach her kids. She will come to our school as not only an expert clay teacher but also a parent of students in our school. 

Clay week will take place April 17th through the 24th. Elementary students will have one hour with Mrs. Hare.  If the day is missed for whatever reason, a clay project will be created for the missing student to decorate. Join me in making Mrs. Hare feel welcomed as she visite PVEMS!

The Art Studio is looking for volunteers. You must have already had a background check with ISD728 and able to come to the classroom during the dates of April 17th- April 24th. If you are able to help, please email me at nichole.hahn@isd728.org



While we are at it, I might as well mention the dates for an upcoming Art Show with a company called Artomé. Elementary students are making art that I will send to the company Artomé. Then the Artomé team will be framing and be displaying every work on art for an upcoming Art Show May 23rd, from 4pm to 7pm in the Prairie View Elementary and Middle School Commons Area.  You are able to purchase the framed art for $25 or simply just come and enjoy the Art displayed. If you purchase, you take the work home that night. If you don't, your student will get their original Art handed back to them by the end of the school year. Since I was posting this message for the parents of PVEM, I thought I would give you all upcoming information and encourage you to put this Art Show on your calendar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment