Friday, July 27, 2018

Chocolate Cherry on a Spoon


I have been given the honor of representing Minnesota at the NAEA Leadership conference. Jessica Jones and I are joining 150 other representatives at a National Convention of how to better run the state and local chapters by learning from each other.  The invitation was tasked with two fun activities right away.  40 gifts for the other representatives in the Western Division and a raffle gift to share with the group.  Jessica and I decided to divide and conquer. I took the mini gifts and she took the raffle.


I wanted to represent Art and Minnesota and what better way to do that then with the Cherry and the Spoon Sculpture by Oldenburg so proudly displayed in the Walker Sculpture Garden. I tried to seek candy makers to help with this task, but no luck... So I chose to take it on myself.



I looked up a lovely receipt from Taste of Lizzy T for chocolate covered cherries.  I'm not going to lie, it took me the whole day but once the cherries were done, the rest was a bit of a breeze...


I used melted chocolate on spoons my son so meticulously bent and placed the cherry's on. I had to tip the spoons up until they were cooled. They stuck... I was shocked :)



Then I packed the spoons up with a little plastic bag.


 

Finally, I signed it from us in Minnesota but did a little printmaking in the process. The spoon was carved out of an eraser, the cherry was a dab of a pencil eraser and the stem was a marker line on top.  


So, to all my new friends who got a cherry on a spoon, it was so nice to meet you and we learned a ton! Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute idea! Plus the tags are so sweet also. I bet they loved them!

    ReplyDelete