Friday, February 1, 2019

Unicorn Valentines

It's Feb. 1st and that means is time to make sweet treats for our friends and family! Unicorns are hot right now so I thought I would make some Unicorns to send to my nieces and nephews. Here's how I did it! 



You will need... 
  • 6X6 inch sheet of tag board.
  • A black marker
  • Pink Inkpad (optional)
  • Additional Paper for Details (optional) 
  • Scissors
  • Yarn
  • Tin Foil
  • Hot Glue
  • Sucker ( I'm using dumb dumbs ) 
This video shows the step-by-step of how to make this sweet treat



Fold your 6X6 inch sheet of paper in half diagonally. Place the nose of the horse on the fold and draw both the ear and the mouth/neck as shown.  I made a tracer to use, but you can also freehand it. 



I wanted mine to look super cute, so a sweet closed eye with lashes, a smile, and a rosy cheek did the trick for me.  I used my finger pressed into the ink pad to make the cheek.



Open up the head and add glue to one side of the mane. place the strings of yarn onto the glue. Then add the glue on the opposite side including the ear. Press the two sides together before the glue cools. 


Place the sucker 'stick-side' up into the bottom of the horses head. Add glue to the bottom and seal the head. 





Use tinfoil to wrap around the stick to make the horn look more interesting and shiny (come on now... it is a unicorn after all).



Add any final details you would like such as a tag I added on this cute little Valentine. Enjoy and share your creations by tagging me on Instagram @MiniMatisseArt.


No comments:

Post a Comment