Friday, March 6, 2015

Container Tops as Manipulatives

I'm working with the homeroom teachers on a project creating Aboriginal inspired artwork with my 2nd grade.  I asked them after two weeks and a snow day, what is the main design you see in a lot of the Aboriginal Design, they gave me blank stares.  DOTS!!! I exclaimed.  So to put this idea in these little dears heads I asked them to collaboratively work on a large format artwork using container tops as container tops as manipulatives.  When students were done with their work, they were invited to use the many tops collected for a mosaic I plan to do someday with the students.  They make a design together and had as much fun organizing the tops a second time then just playing with the tops.  It was a simple way to play for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment