Sunday, August 30, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Crochet


This pig was created by another Guest artist, my very talented sister Molly.  I have three sisters, all very talented.  Molly is a crafter, a wonderful teacher, and an amazing cake/cookie/cupcake decorator (check out her cakes by clicking here).  Molly is 5 years younger than me, she lives in the twin cities area (Minnesota) and is married with three kids.  She offered to crochet a pig for me, and I couldn't be more happy with it.  It will be a great addition to the #ProcessPigs collection!


This was Molly's medium.  What do you think was the medium?  What is the tool? 


If you guessed yarn for the medium, and a crochet hook for the tool, you are spot on! You can see that the base of the pig was created first and then the pieces were added on later.  The pig is assembled (put together) with a needle and yarn.  All the pieces were crocheted. 




So, do you want to learn how to crochet?  Here is your chance.  Crocheting is a perfect project for any kid and most likely you have the supplies you need right at home.  Check out Lisa, from Rainbow Crochet Kids Youtube channel for some great tutorials of how to crochet! 




1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is definitely one of my favorites!!! This is my medium! Reminds of the Sesame Street character project I think D. Masse did where the kids simplified and abstracted the iconic characters! :)

    ReplyDelete