Friday, August 21, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Sumi Ink


I found some tools and materials in my classroom that I didn't know what they were... so I just knew I needed to research and make a pig using these materials. 


These are the two videos that I found... Video's by Esteban Martinez.  This first one really hits on my question... What is this?  at about the 3:50 mark. 



I knew I needed a brush, so I watched this video too.  Learned a lot from it.



Then I made my pig... In this pig we celebrate failure several times... Watch and continue to read and you will see why.



It took me several times to figure out the 'chop'  Here are a few of my practice chops below.


Check this out... When I finally get the chop correct, I end up printing it upside down.  Bummer!  Good lesson, and because of my mistake, I will be sure to remind my students not to make the same mistake.  I really learned from not getting it right the first time... second time... third time... well you get the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment