Thursday, September 10, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Cross Stitch




This is the smallest pig that I created... and it took the longest to create by FAR! Here is the process of making this Cross Stitched Pig. 


I started by drawing out my design. I placed it on graph paper to start with.


I used floss for cross stitching. Embroidery floss is made up of 6 strands that have been twisted together.  I split my floss into two, so there are only 3 strands of floss to thread into the needle. I also assigned the floss to a color.

I used the markers to design where the color would go in my drawing.


Then I started stitching... and stitching, and stitching!  To get a better idea of how to cross stitch, please watch the video below. 





I worked on this everywhere this summer.  In the car, on the beach, while visiting friends and family.  I even had my niece helping me... did you see that in the video?  This pig took a long time, and stressed out my eyes a lot, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment