Thursday, October 18, 2018

Sewing a Recorder Case


As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm presenting at the Wisconsin Art Education Conference Oct. 25th and 26th. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to present on several topics. One workshop I will be teaching is "How to Make a Recorder Case". I did this with my 4th graders last year and I have been asked several times to provide details for the lesson. I have put together a lesson that is student ready.


A lot of my Teachers Pay Teachers lessons are a PDF when downloaded, and then bring you to a Google Slideshow. This slideshow is divided into 5 parts. 

1) Supplies (one of the slides is shown above)
2) Preparation, what the teacher needs to do to prep for this lesson
3) Student Samples (one slide is shown below)
4) Instructional Videos, there are five of them listed below
5) Final Steps  


The videos that are included are also divided into segments of this lesson. 

1) Threading a needle
2) Practice Sewing
3) Drawing a Pre Plan
4) Sewing Shapes
5) Closing up the Recorder Case

These videos are recorded directly above the hands so students are able to get a clear picture of the instructions. The videos have good lighting and audio. They are designed to show students directly.




I have added this lesson to Teacher Pay Teachers to share with you. I'm excited to share that I will be throwing a sale on this item and many of the others that I'm presenting on in Wisconsin on Oct. 24 and 25th.  Be sure to visit than for the 'best deals'!



No comments:

Post a Comment