Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Sweet Treats and Studio Sweets: Fun Art & Baking Projects from Home

2026 Halloween Cookies

Hello again, friends!

As I’ve been settling into this new rhythm of an empty nest and diving back into the creative life here at MiniMatisse, one thing has become abundantly clear: my art studio sometimes is my kitchen.

While I've been loving sharing classroom art education ideas and exploring the world of urban sketching, my Art Home Projects & Studio Life pillar is really where I get to play with everyday creativity. Lately, that has translated into some fun, hands-on decorating projects right in my own kitchen—combining sweet treats with artistic detail!

I’ve put together a series of quick, bite-sized YouTube Shorts showing how I bring these little creative visions to life. If you are looking for a fun weekend project or just need a quick dose of inspiration, check out these shorts over on my YouTube channel.

1. Spooky-Cute Spider Cookies

Get into the festive spirit with these fun, easy-to-decorate spider cookies! Perfect for a seasonal gathering or just a playful afternoon in the kitchen.
👉 Watch the Spider Cookie Short on YouTube

2. Classic Painted Pumpkin Cookies

There is something so satisfying about getting the icing details just right on a classic autumn shape. Watch how these pumpkins come together layer by layer!
👉 Watch the Pumpkin Cookie Short on YouTube

3. Fluttering Bat Cookies

Simple outlines and dark details make these bat cookies a fun, striking project for any cookie artist.
👉 Watch the Bat Cookie Short on YouTube

4. Spooky Ghost Cookies

You can never have too many friendly ghosts! See how a few simple icing flood techniques bring these little spooks to life.
👉 Watch the Ghost Cookie Short on YouTube

5. Fun Witches Hat Cookies

Catch more behind-the-scenes decorating fun and creative troubleshooting right from my home workspace!
👉 Watch the Studio Short on YouTube


Creating things in my own space—whether it's sketching on location or decorating cookies in the kitchen—has been such a wonderful way to feed my soul during this new chapter. Bonus, I was able to send these cookies off in a 'cookie kit' to my college kiddos.

Head over to YouTube, watch these shorts, and give a 'like' to your favorite design.

Warmly,

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment