Friday, November 1, 2013

Fishtail, Rainbow Band Bracelets

If you haven't see these rainbow bands around you will... They are HOTT in both the middle and elementary right now.  I found a supplier online them and ordered as soon as I started seeing them.  In 8th grade we do a jewelry unit and these were a perfect addition to the the mix of jewelry we make.  I did a couple of videos explaining two different fish tail bracelet.  I would like to give a shout out to the 700, 10 year old girls on youtube who taught me how to make these.  I also want to thank my 8th grade girls who showed me new ways to create this bracelet in a new way.

Below you see Jade showing us that you can use two pencils, rather then your fingers or a loom.  It was a great adaptation for all students who wanted to use this method.  Boy are kids smart:)


1 comment: