Sunday, January 12, 2014

Valentines Day: Top Shelf


More decorations in honor of the holiday of love.


This print out I found on line.  I was happy that I didn't have to make this from scratch.  As I looked to find the printable to share with you I found several others that might be nice for any style of decorating as well as this print out (click here).  The sweet bear is something that I hold near and dear to my heart.  This is a family treasure.  My Dad's first cousin, Breanda Hallaway create this bear as well as hundreds more.  She was an amazing artist and respected, and collected by so many serious bear collectors.  It is an honor to have one of her bears decorate my home today.


I have another family treasure featured in this decoration.  My husband's, Grandma owns the family farm that she grew up on.  This fall we went to go explore some of the treasures hiding in the sheds of the farm.  This little pot was one of my discoveries.  I don't know it's story but it's very sweet and makes this topiary beautiful.  I covered 3 sizes of foam balls with moss, hot glued a couple of pearls and stuck the three with a steak skewer.  I used play-dough in the bottom of the pot to put the skewer in and covered it with moss.  A little bow makes it a little more about Valentines Day.



Finally, This little gem was created by wrapping more of that textured fur from the trees around an old, and might I add, ugly frame.  I love repurposing!  I hot glued a bow on it.  It stands with just a piece of wire glued to it's base as shown in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment