Wednesday, August 19, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Watercolor Crayons


I love the way this #ProcessPigs, turned out.  The variety of colors and the medium was a lot of fun to create with.  I received Reeves Water Soluble Wax Pastels from Liquitex at the National Art Education Convention last year.  I have heard this medium also called watercolor crayons.  Over the summer I finally had a chance to give them a try.  They are a very fun and engaging medium.

Below you will see that I started this process with a drawing of my pig.  I needed the wax pastels, and water and I was ready to rock and roll!




Check out the very short video of how this process went.  Keep in mind, I time-lapse the video so it's very quick.  I always take my time and do my best work, but I wanted to show you how I used these wax pastels quickly.


I liked that I was able to use this medium dry, or wet.  I thought it was fun that the colors could mix and blend.  I used the crayons themselves to blend, but I also did some experiments and mixed them using a wet brush as well.  The only drawbacks to the medium is that it's very soft and young artist might break these easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment