Saturday, December 12, 2015

Invite to the Art Room


We had conferences over Thanksgiving Break and I wanted to brag about the amazing art that is being created and discovered in my classroom.  I invited parents to join me.  As I always do, I 'piloted' one grade to see how this was going to go.  I invited 4th-grade parents and families to come in and make a shaving cream print. The 4th-grade has been trying lot's of new mediums by using their Artist Trading Cards.  One of the request I put out there for parents to send to the art room was shaving cream.  I got a great response so I wanted to show parents what we are doing with the supplies they provided.

Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 9.58.17 PM.png

 I didn't have a HUGE response, but I had a response.  There was about 15 families out of my 150 students that came in to give this a try.  This did a couple of things for me... It showed me who my supporters are.  Who is interested and perhaps will be on 'my side' when/if I need to advocate for my program.  It was fun to allow the students to show their parents what they are learning... and more than that, TEACH their parents what they are learning.  

If you want to know more about shaving cream prints, Please click here for previous post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment