Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Digital Station- Button Sewing


Excited to share another self-paced lesson with you.  This lesson is to teach students how to sew a button.  This life skill is often missed in today's public schools.  I was impressed how even my youngest students were not only successful but also very motivated to learn this skill. 


Last year I place QR codes (and URL's) onto filing folders. I laminated them and introduced them as choice stations to my Kindergarten through second grade. I would have one iPad per station for students to scan and watch a short video about a skill.  This was one of the most popular stations, button sewing.


Early this summer I offered a free digital lesson on Yarn Brading. Please go to my TpT store to download your free gift.  If you are interested in investing this Button Sewing, (click here).

1 comment:

  1. Love the way this uses things that are so high-tech combined with sewing skills that have been around for centuries! Such great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete