Friday, August 22, 2014

The Hahn's do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

There has been a lot of talk about the ALS ice bucket challenge.  Our family was challenged and we took the water as well as donated.  I know it's totally 'trendy' right now, and it's becoming 'annoying' but it's making people aware.  I have recently saw a video of Anthony Carbajal. It was so funny... and then it got very real.  It showed the life, the reasons, the reality ALS.  It struck home why we can spend a few minutes of our 'online life' watching people dump buckets of water on their head.  So I'll probably show my students this the first week of school.  I think they will love to watch Mrs. and Mr. Hahn getting water dumped on their heads.  I also hope it will show them that it's important to care about real things, not just me... but others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment