Monday, December 1, 2014

'Am I done yet?'

I have a really gifted students!  He is great at drawing.  Everything he does is from memory.  He does tend to stick to the same subjects.  He was allowed to come in for some extra time in my class.  I tried to get him out of his box but still allow him to work on his interest.  So I asked him to draw whatever he wanted for a subject.  after about 7 minutes of drawing, he came up to me and said, "I'm done".  I promptly took a picture and said, nope... I would like to see more hatching and cross hatching.

He huffed and puffed and added a bit more.  2 minutes later he proclaimed he was finished.  another picture.
And again...
and again...
This completed his first day.  He was not happy when he came in the next day and I asked him to take up the same picture and add a background.  He presented the following to me in about 15 minutes.

I asked for more...


I finally let him 'finish' with this last image.  He did a great job.  We discussed how much improvement he had made from his first to his last image.  I hope this was encouraging to this student to put more time in on his projects. Tim will tell...  

No comments:

Post a Comment