Saturday, November 10, 2018

Paper Straw Himmeli


I attended and presented at the AEM (Art Educators of Minnesota) conference last week and learned from Alison (@alisonwonderandland) about Himmelis. She gave a great description of the history and so many examples.  To sum it up, I found this short history on Hemleva's website


Many times, in order to learn, and then teach, I create a video.  I recorded myself making a simple Himmeli using paper straws from Target. This was the activity learned in the session I attended.




Here is what you need.
  • 12 straws the same sized.
  • Crochet string (or something like it)
  • A needle (or I used floral wire to make a longer needle)
  • Optional, the extras (tassels, beads...)

Step by Step: 

=

If you choose, adding additional decorations can give you himmeli a little extra pizzaz!


No comments:

Post a Comment