Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Everyday Art Room- Setting-up the Art Studio for Success


I'm putting this post up a day early because I will be announcing the 5th Annual MiniMatisse Artist Trading Card Swap Aug. 1st... the day this episode drops... so, I'll just post this one a bit early.

Tomorrow, Aug. 1st, Everyday Art Room will focus on setting up your Art Studio at school. Every new school year I redesign parts of the Art Studio to improve upon the year before or to help achieve a goal for the year.  I will be talking about the flow of the classroom, furniture placement, and how to achieve a focus for your classroom with how you layout the room. Mostly, I'll be giving prompts for you to think about as you start designing your classroom for the upcoming school year.

Some of the links you will want from the episode are as follows...

SitSpots-- These are shapes that you can place on your carpet to help manage students as they join you for carpet time. Proven in my classroom to have held up for a long time and be very effective.

Circle Packs
The Color Family: I use this as a resource in my classroom all the time. It's part of my intentional design. 

image 0

Managing the Art Room course from the Art of Education University. I'm taught this course many times and I love the focus it gives. I also appreciate the book that is a resource for this class called Classroom Management for Art, Music and PE Teachers by Micheal Linsin
I know this Everyday Art Room will help you think about your classroom assuring a successful year. Please check out this, and all the Everyday Art Room Episodes at The Art of Education University.


No comments:

Post a Comment