Thursday, August 1, 2019

5th Annual Artist Trading Card Swap Announcment


Here we are at year five of the MiniMatisse Global Artist Trading Card Swap. As promised, today I would like to announce the opportunity to join us in the swap with your class/student(s).

Who can participate? 

Students Preschool to 12th Grade. Home school, private and public schools, after school programs, and Arts Clubs are welcome.  If you don't fit into one of these categories, please email me for special requests. Nicholechahn@yahoo.com

You can have 10 Artist Trading Cards on up to 200 Artist Trading Cards included in a package. If you have more students than that, I would suggest working with only one grade to trade OR purchasing two or more packages for the number of cards you will be sending. 

How many cards can I send?

I would also suggest having students do extra cards maybe trading two, that way they can get two cards back or only 1 trade to the student but the teacher can save some examples. You can have students do extra to make your 10 cards per group quota... PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN FEWER NUMBERS. Also, in case someone misses this rule of 10 per pack and I miss it as I send it back, it would be good to have extra cards coming your way in the case of human error.  

What is the cut-off?

I do this trade by myself so I do have to limit who participates. My cap is at 100 schools, but sometimes a few more have participated in the past. See last years recap on the whole process to get a good idea of what that looks like

Here is what the timeline looks like this year.

Aug. 22nd, 2019: I will open my Teachers Pay Teacher store to allow the purchase of an ATC Swap 'lesson plan' at 8AM CST. This year the purchase will be $15.00 per 200 cards, a discount for the second purchase of the same lesson for up to another 200 cards. This money goes back into shipping to get the cards back to all the participants both nationally and internationally. I'm hoping by telling you the date and how I will be selling the lesson, you will be able to request the funds from your school.

January 31st, 2020: Cards need to be received by me. I would highly recommend that you send the cards to me before this date. There are many factors to be considered that might cause cards to be late (Snowdays, Illnesses, Taking longer than you thought...) You can send them to me anytime!!! (and perhaps be one of the first to get your trade back)... My plan is to start swapping after I have about 10 groups who have sent me cards, that way it might be a little more manageable for me. 

March 10th, 2020: I will have all ATC's out of my classroom and heading your way. 

WARNINGS

Here are the warnings for the trade... I will send the Artwork out but almost every year someone's mail is intercepted. I'm not sure how. I will try to send an email to you this year if you include it on the outside of your package. I can not take responsibility for any lost packages. I'm sorry! Please prep your students that sometimes the mail doesn't make it but 99.9% of the time there is a success. 

The cards are coming from all ages and all level of Artist. You can not request a certain quality of age group. 


No comments:

Post a Comment