Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Sketchbook Posters


Recently on Everyday Art Room, I talked about how I used Sketchbooks in the classroom. I have created these posters to help support the ways I use the sketchbooks. I'm excited to share these with you on my TpT Store


Sometimes I let my students use the sketchbook for doodling. This is a hard one because it sounds like it's a free for all. I have found that putting expectations on this activity has really helped to identify what these pages are for. 


The next three ways I mention using the sketchbook are the most often ways I used them in my classroom. Pre-Planning is a MUST. I used to believe I didn't have time for this in my classroom but since implementing Pre-Planning... My student's work is so much better. I like to assign a preplanning page to my students a week before we get started. I have noticed that some students go home and add to the idea and bring their pre-planning ideas into class with them to add to their sketchbook.


Reflection is HUGE as well. This does two things. It allows students who need a little more time to complete their project the time while the rest of the students have a quality activity to work on. It also creates deeper learning and understanding. I have found students go back to this page as they are creating and using these processes in the future.


Finally, sketchnotes! I not only have this poster to help identify sketchnoting, I also have a full lesson on the subject also found on TpT.


Obviously, I'm in love with using sketchbooks in the classroom! It was fun to share the processes I take to create quality sketchbook use. Be sure to check out the podcast as well as my new posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment